Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Oct 9

My how time flies! Poof, here we are back aboard the TUMBLEWEED. Somehow we managed to spend two years at Ditto Landing...two new engines and a new polish job....we are getting ready to head out to Joe Wheeler for the fall Looper  Rendezvous...Oct 14-17. They will probably all head south but we have other plans. My mom and Floyd's sister are going to join us for some fun at the Biltmore....Dakota, the wonder dog, is going to enjoy a stay at Bark Avenue. We probably won't head south til after  the 25th. Plans are for us to be in Mobile on Nov 6. We'll leave the boat at Dog River Marina over the holidays for bottom paint, new crew air conditioner, and a few other repairs. 2014 plans include boating to Key West and Bahamas....new canvas and salon carpet....and who knows what else. He has convinced me to do the loop again....though I've encouraged him to include some guys to go through the ugly parts....I'll stay home....or maybe not?? Stay tuned to see how this works out! For now, we are re-organizing , training and playing with the dog! He's pretty cute and well behaved! Floyd, too!!

4 comments:

JacqueNelson said...

WooHoo! Loop number 2! I am excited. AND the 31st is my last day of work so I am really excited!!

bb said...

Know you are looking forward to Mom and Muriel coming and enjoying the Biltmore.... I think I'll consider the Key West jaunt as long as there are no hurricanes.....

Jacque! Congrats on retirement, again! Go girl!

Jim and Elaine said...

Glad to see you blogging again..we sooooo wish we could be at Joe Wheeler right now. We'll be following along with you. We'll be in Florida in March. Hopefully we can catch up with you then. Have fun.
Jim & Elaine
Canada eh!

RPHTourist said...

Glad to see you're back on the boat. We'll be at Legacy thru March. Give us a call when you're in the area. We need to meet the new crew member!