Monday, February 24, 2014

I spent most of yesterday horizontal ...this congestion stuff is yucky....and with temps finally warming so that I can enjoy Florida...just makes it seem worse! But we did manage to up anchor and spent lazy time cruising to Ft Myers. More than once we got the impression we were headed the wrong direction. Sunday afternoon is a busy time...and they were headed to the beach. The miserable mile wakes reminded us of  NYC...lots and lots of boats...zipping, zagging...getting in the way...We headed to the gas dock...208  gallons later, we are feeling like we can make it to the marina. No problem...Floyd took Rick's new Cadillac to Walmart for battery purchase ...Dakota and I napped! Really that's about it for me...got up just in time to go to bed...and then slept 12 hours....feeling a bit better today...but I'm staying in and low key til this stuff disappears.
Legacy Harbor is one of the nicer marinas...heated swim pool, laundry, close to Publix, and lots of loopers. Dakota has made lots of friends already...plus we have access to Rick's car...the other plus is that we had mail. Yes, our correct coffee carafe!!! After almost 5 months and lots of missteps and costly errors...we got the right one. I guess I'd better get on the phone and order another one for back up....Cough, cough, sniffle, sneeze! We not going anywhere til I'm better, Captain's orders.

No comments: