Wednesday, August 20, 2008

After trudging up and down the hills in the heat of the day, we returned to the Tumbleweed for our first swim in the river. We had anchored in large buoyed cove in 13 feet of water. No one was more surprised than me to step off the swim ladder and stand on the bottom. Floyd thought I was joking...but there I was in waist deep water. Now we know why there buoys were there. Needless to say, we were extra cautious leaving ...stirred up quite a bit of mud...but no damage. And it was a nice swim. Can I just say that has been my big disappointment of all this boating. The water makes Cheney and El Dorado seem good. Muddy, stinky, green, full of some sort of crud...since arriving on board July 11, this swim on August 18 is our first. Sure hope it is not the last...I bought new swimsuits!

No comments: