Sunday, June 13, 2010


Most of you know that the Captain refuses to eat anything cooked and green...some of us have even experienced him returning a plate of food at a restaurant when they forgot to remove said vegetables before serving. Well, last night was a first...Michelle and I conspired on the recent grocery outing to purchase asparagus. My dad would be proud of the ones we picked...ever so thin!!! We have listened to complaints since then about this green *&%$ in the refrigerator...And then last night, I prepared them in just a little EVOO and salt then grilled them just a bit. He vowed to eat one....then asked for more...and then even more. The "mom" me was thrilled to have him eating veggies....the "other" me sort of regretted having to share my asparagus. Either way it was a kodak moment!

2 comments:

bb said...

But, the facial expression doesn't suggest YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

kshoobler said...

hahahaha... tell him welcome to the dark side