Tuesday, September 27, 2011



Finally came the anchoring event I'd been dreading all day. Boston Bar

...a small island by a highway bridge just off the channel of the mighty Mississippi. You see, when we anchor, I drive the boat. Something I was NOT looking forward to in this situation and with this current. Rocks and bridge behind the boat, wing dam and more rocks in front of the boat, tows going by, cars whizzing across the bridge, Floyd out on the bow playing with an anchor...not really a combination that I thought would be helpful to my boat driving. ...Yea, well, all that worry was for nothing. Once we pulled out of the channel, the current died to practically nothing. And once we got over there to drop anchor, we had plenty of room. Wayne P Lagrange bid us adieu...and we settled in for another quiet evening.

No comments: