Saturday, April 12, 2014

AND THE WIND BLEW IN!! Before we finished preparations to leave Dudley's , the wind began to howl...in excess of 25 MPH...pinned us to the dock...and we opted to stay put! It was a rather lazy day for me...I read and cuddled with Dakota...and Floyd was busy with little numbers in little squares.  After much angst, our budget began to get tighter and tighter. I suggested that it might help if we stored the boat in May rather than July...ending our cruising sooner rather than later...and he agreed. 

So, I'm still returning to Kansas...cause I already bought that ticket...and we'll attend the Looper Rendezvous May 5-8. Then instead of heading north to explore the Chesapeake, we'll back track just a little to put the boat in storage and return to Kansas. Then next spring we'll explore and move north. It'll all work....eventually. Gives me time at home with a house that needs some serious attention...and of course, the cutest grandson in the land...and my dear mom ,family and friends. I've missed them so. Plus I'm getting really tired of my limited boating wardrobe! I need a variety of cute shoes, my hairdresser and manicurist...oh, yea, I'll be fine! Though I may have to mount some sort of cannon and a helm station with charts on the balcony for Floyd...

1 comment:

Jim and Elaine said...

Sorry to hear that Canada is not in the plans for this year. I thought for sure we'd hook up when you got into the Trent. Perhaps next year....We'll work it out eventually.
Jim & Elaine