Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Spent the day Sunday celebrating Floyd's birthday...(it is a Big number) and watching the wind blow. Small craft advisory on all parts of the lake didn't keep folks in the marina...they needed to get home so they could go to work on Monday...geesh, don't miss that. More boats dropping out of the race to Mackinaw than actually competing...it'll be a record I'm sure. Floyd had lots of phone calls and emails...even a few Facebook posts, though he's not on Facebook. His sister had priority mailed his favorite homemade carrot cake ...I took him up to Gilmore's for a prime rib that was pretty darn tasty ...and we made plans to depart on Monday...noonish! Woo hoo, I was h a p p y.

We spent a pleasant couple of hours working on the new treasure map/jigsaw puzzle in a bottle...cause even though we bought dominoes, Floyd refuses to play against me any more...good to know I can win at something...hehehe....another great day on Lake Michigan...


No comments: