Saturday, July 25, 2015

July 23…AUNT AGGIE and SEAHORSE head out…and the scenery around us immediately begins to change as new boats are already arriving…we prepare to go to breakfast…walk up the way to watch some big boats lock through and decide we can walk to the restaurant…I return to the boat to get my phone to let Jim and Elaine know our intentions. There is a guy just standing by our boat…I speak and he mentions that he once met some loopers from Wichita a couple of years ago…in Orillia…he was a retired police officer…yes, I say that was probably us…my husband is retired police. No, he says, this is not the boat. His wasn’t that big…oh, but his wife was a retired teacher. Yes, that’s me…who are you??? Graham…I use to work at the marina. OMG…it’s Graham and Deb…their boat was next to ours in the marina the week we spent in Orillia in 2011. They can’t believe how different the boat looks with new canvas. They are on the wall just in front of us!!!! SMALL WORLD!!!! We go off to breakfast but promise to spend time together today.

WHAT A GREAT DAY!!! Elaine and I do the town…I managed to help a couple of stores with their rent payments…ice cream and boat watching (SPIRIT JOURNEY and SEQUASIOUS lock through today)…talk, talk, talk, talk… drinks and hors de oeuvres on the aft deck with Jim, Elaine, Deb and Graham…we all walk across the bridge to eat at a restaurant that overlooks the falls…then, of course, another serving of ice cream…and good bys all around. Jim and Elaine are headed back to London…Graham and Deb are heading to Bobcaygeon…we are heading to Lock #39…my jaws hurt from so much chatter and my side aches from all the laughter…we have had a blast!!! What we love about this boating….the chance meetings and the great friends!!! We sure hope that Jim and Elaine will join us on board in Lake Michigan sometime. FaceBook and the blog will help us all keep in touch. We laughed because when we left Graham and Deb last time, we said we’ll never see you again…and then poof, we did. So we said it again! Hoping that we will!!!

No comments: