Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sunday was a great down day...Dakota had a little beach to run on and we all caught up on our sleep!! Weather was nice enough to allow the Captain a couple of cigars on the aft deck...and eating those leftovers meant minimum galley time. A WSU WBB victory and a couple of games of Rummikub (I'm winning this trip!!! Very unusual!!! ) ...it's a day!!

Monday we back tracked 10 miles to Miller marine and boat works....those folks could not have been nicer or more efficient. The haul out provided no clues as to what that noise is....though I guess it did eliminate quite a few things....it is not props, shafts, or struts....we also don't think it is transmission...I'm mean really, we have two new ones! A mechanic who everyone considers a real expert on gas engines and velvet-drives even paid a visit. He thinks it has something to do with the carburetor ....wants to ride with us and hear what is happening.

So back in the water and we head to Panama City Marina....at least this time we are headed in the right direction. Though we have totally given up on making the weather window this week for crossing the gulf.

Arrival at 2ish....Lots of ladies working here and they are super friendly. Helped me find an open nail salon...call a taxi...and off I went for a much needed manicure!! Not the great one I get from my friend back home...but sure beats the job I would have done. Taxi ride cost more than the services!! Shoulda, woulda, coulda...gotten a pedicure and haircut while I was there!! Oh, well, live and learn. Floyd and Dakota enjoyed home alone time and helped the lady shockers win another one.

The wind is howling this morning...so no mechanic ride at this time. There are worse places to be stuck..and I think we've been in some. Anyway, we'll get to the bottom of this annoying noise before it gets too troublesome...and cross the Gulf some day soon. We are close!!!

No comments: