Saturday, June 4, 2016

Friday morning...we are outta here. And it was truly a gorgeous day!! a bit longer than we'd like...but absolutely perfect...water was glass smooth coming out of Traverse Bay. Silting issues made Leland impossible for us...so we went 70 miles into Frankfort. Lovely little town...not yet in full gear for the tourist season...but busy enough. Boat ran and handled well...we were amazed that we didn't even have to re-calibrate "George", the auto pilot. Ran at 10 mph...which seemed pretty speedy when we have been running for years at 7.5....but shaved off some time and used just 14 more gallons. Dakota fell in love with a golden lab, Curby Girl, on the sailboat next to us. Lots of play time made him a happy camper. Floyd and I walked into town (2 blocks maybe) for a fine dining experience at FUSION, a little sushi, maki, and seaweed salad with his Jack...now he's a happy camper. I should have followed his lead...but no...I had to venture out...my Kung Pao chicken had way too much PAO...I know it is spicy but this was over the top ...melt the fork...spicy. I tried everything I knew and had to admit defeat!!! They couldn't have been nicer about it...and I ended up with some decent Lettuce wraps...but not the fine dining experience I had hoped for. A trip down Main Street...a little t shirt shopping...and ice cream made it all better. We had trouble staying awake til the sun went down...Tomorrow we move on...

No comments: