Thursday, June 23, 2016

Feel like I've been trapped in a whirlwind for the last few days.... We finished the loop and pulled into Polestar...where my pleas for shade and being close to laundry were met with staunch resistance. It was hot hotter hottest on that long wall...gravel and asphalt every where...not good for puppy paws... so plans were made!

I rented a car...Dakota got groomed...Floyd did serious grocery shopping! Workers showed up and started those boat projects...and I headed back to Kansas. We think this is a pretty smart move..once projects are completed, Floyd and Dakota will move the boat to Grafton where they will have shade(!!!), grass, pool, laundry and restaurant ....slip rental is much cheaper in Grafton than in Chicago (which was my original planned point of departure)....plus we are thinking river traffic will ramp up over Fourth of July week...so why fight it?? For now, I'm planning to return on Thursday, June 30th...spend the weekend hanging in Grafton...then we'll head north on the 5th..

Things have worked well so far!! After several miscues, I finally got out of St Charles and arrived safe and sound at Mom's...after she finishes her bridge session this afternoon, we'll head to Wichita. We plan to camp at my daughter's to maximize time with those little ones...and my list of things to accomplish just keeps getting longer! Major issue is for me to find suitable attire for that September wedding...mother of the groom is probably least important. In the whole wedding party..but requires some new items!! And I'll sleep better knowing it is under control!!

Boat projects were completed...and Floyd and Dakota somehow managed to get to Grafton yesterday without my assistance (there goes my job security...I've been temporarily outsourced)....Floyd announced that laundry was done...so now I'm a bit worried about him staying out of trouble...but he assures me that without my influence he'll be just fine!!

No comments: