Wednesday, July 24, 2019

July 17...quick decision made easy....weather was perfect to cross to Chicago....and looking real iffy the rest of the week. It was a call to Burnham Harbor to get clearance to arrive a day early...and off we went. The haze around Chicago did not afford us the great view...but glass smooth water and cool conditions made this the most delightful crossing ever. Yes, I cried a little. Coming to Chicago is an emotional thing for me...all those visits when dear brother Stan was here plus the realization that we were leaving my lovely Lake Michigan behind....poor captain Floyd....the tears flowed. On the plus side, my two girlfriends were already here and now I’d get to spend celebratory time with them! Yep, it’s a roller coaster. I also contacted Mary Ellen (Stan’s buddy) and a new boating friend Ben Stien about our visit. Looks to be a lively time...


No comments: